My new (ab)normal: Allison Hill, fitness enthusiast

Executive Assistant Allison Hill at Avalanche Lake in Glacier National Park

Meet Executive Assistant Allison Hill. While quarantining at home, she’s taken her workout goals to the next level. In addition to taking a record number of spin and exercise classes, she hiked Glacier National Park in Montana!

Allison’s new (ab)normal

Name: Allison Hill

Title: Executive Assistant

Department/Unit: UC Procurement Systemwide

Workplace location: Oakland

When you started working at UCOP: May 2015 (Star Wars Day to be exact — May the Fourth be with you!)

What you do at UCOP in 10 words or less: I’m the go-to person for everything and provide administrative support.

Your work from home wardrobe staple: Yoga pants for sure!

What keeps you sane: My Peloton (and the app), as well as being out in nature! I’ve had my spin bike for about two and a half years, and have doubled the number of classes I’ve taken since shelter in place started seven months ago. I have taken over 500 classes since March and 110+ of those have been spin classes! I was also fortunate to be able to spend a couple of weeks in Montana this summer. This photo is from Avalanche Lake in Glacier National Park — one of many amazing hikes I was able to do during my time in Montana.

Share your new (ab)normal — or nominate a colleague

The new (ab)normal is a new, fun way to share our unprecedented 2020 experiences with UCOP colleagues. Learn more — and share your new (ab)normal! Have a colleague who’s inspired you? Email link@ucop.edu to nominate them.

Tags: ,