Make your remote-work experience remarkable!
Telecommuting: Most of us have been doing it for awhile now, but could we be working smarter?
The “remarkable remote” series from People-OnTheGo offers a thoughtful approach and practical tips for perfecting the art of telecommuting. Join us for three relevant workshops designed to support your remote-work experience: Remarkable Remote Meetings, Remarkable Remote Worker and Remarkable Remote Teams.
Each course addresses challenges in various situations and offers practical solutions for addressing them. You’ll also have opportunities to connect with cross-departmental colleagues during in-course breakout sessions!
UCOP colleague testimonials
Don’t take our word for it — here’s what your colleagues are saying:
- “Pierre is an amazing instructor. I enjoyed his style of teaching and the class provided me with tools that I can use on the job daily.”
- “I really enjoyed the session on using mindfulness exercises to help manage anxiety and stress. By putting stressors in perspective using my own scale, it has helped me not to sweat the small stuff.”
- “It was a great course. I appreciated how the information presented can be used in everyday life — personal and professional.
- “I got to chat with some of my colleagues who I don’t get to see very often, and there was great energy and enthusiasm.”
Tuesday, Feb. 16, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Working remotely as a team has significant challenges — from communication woes to difficulty managing competing priorities, sharing information and navigating new technology to keeping morale high.
This workshop is designed to help teams overcome traditional and new challenges. Topics include:
- Leveraging research in mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Technologies, tools and collaboration practices to maximize team performance.
- Fostering compassion, connection, collaboration, and creativity
Although this class is geared towards team leaders, all team members are encouraged to participate. For maximum impact, attend with your teammates!
Friday, March 12, 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
In this live online workshop, you’ll explore a variety of concepts, tools and techniques designed to equip meeting facilitators and participants with the skills to make remote meetings highly effective — today and in hybrid in-person/remote communications. Learn new tools and technologies, plus techniques for engaging people, fostering creativity and achieving the purpose of the meeting.
Tuesday, April 13, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Be your most effective at working remotely and/or managing remote workers by learning to manage stress, increase focus, juggle competing priorities, collaborate more effectively and more.
For a full list of upcoming professional development opportunities, visit the Link Classes & Workshops page.Tags: remarkable remote series