Grow your social and emotional intelligence
Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) is a process through which people learn to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships and make responsible decisions. It’s a foundational workplace skill for all roles and responsibilities, and UCOP Learning and Development offers many opportunities to support your growth.
Upcoming, highly rated live classes
August People Leaders Forum: What is psychological safety, anyway?
Aug. 20, 1 – 2 p.m.
The People Leaders Forum is a monthly opportunity for people managers to connect with one another to develop leadership skills, build community, share best practices, swap strategies for navigating current challenges and learn to better support themselves and their teams. Join us for a discussion of how psychological safety can enhance collaboration and enable your team to do its best work.
- 100% of past participants have rated People Leaders Forums as “valuable or highly valuable”
- “The forum was focused on concrete issues, with a space to talk about strategies, but without pretending that everything has a solution.” – course participant
Sept. 1, 1-2 p.m.
Job stress can be all-consuming — but it doesn’t have to be. In this highly interactive workshop, learn how the stress cycle impacts us and how to manage it using easy and healthy methods. Learn to identify your triggers, keep perspective and use helpful coping strategies based on stress-cycle research by Emily and Amelia Nogaski and their book, “Burnout,” as featured by Brene Brown.
- 100% of past participants rated this course “valuable or highly valuable” — 4.9/5
- “Annie was funny and had great knowledge of managing stress. She provided many great ideas on how to deal with our stress.” – course participant
Social-Emotional Learning at Work: Creating Connection and Belonging at UCOP
Sept. 10 & Oct. 1, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Join one of UCOP’s most popular and highly rated instructors, Dr. Rachelle Rogers-Ard, as she discusses and provides frameworks and interactives to support the building of connections with your peers and teams in this interactive two-part workshop. Studies have shown that incorporating the principles of Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) at work enhances our ability to communicate and connect with a range of people in healthy ways. Focusing on the elements of SEL at work can lead to greater employee satisfaction and retention.
- 100% of past participants rated this course “valuable or highly valuable” — 4.7/5
- “I have found Dr. Rogers-Ard’s workshops to be fantastic! Her style of presentation makes the information easily understandable. The amount of detail and pacing of the presentation makes the material very accessible. I can follow along easily, without feeling overloaded with material. I enjoy her clarity, her focus and her presence!” – course participant
Self-paced online courses through LinkedIn Learning
Become more SEL-savvy by watching videos and taking courses in these collections, curated by the Learning and Development Department and your UCOP peers.
- Belonging and inclusion
- Work and wellness
- Social and emotional skills at work
For questions, contact email@example.comTags: leadership development, professional development, SEL