Reminder: Complete your COVID-19 Vaccination Policy compliance by Sept. 1
A friendly reminder: Per Nancy Pluzdrak’s message last week, in order to comply with the UC systemwide COVID-19 vaccination policy that was issued in July, you must do one of the following by Sept. 1, 2021:
- Provide proof of vaccination
- Submit a request for an exception or deferral (You may request an exception for a medical or disability exception, pregnancy deferral or religious objection.)
To upload your proof of vaccination or to request an exemption or deferral, go to UCOP COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker and follow the instructions.
Frequently asked questions
Does the COVID-19 vaccination policy apply to me?
The policy applies to all represented and non-represented UCOP employees, including contract employees and TOPS employees.
Contractors, construction contractors, visitors, and vendors are expected to comply with the COVID-19 vaccination policy in order to enter a UC facility.
I’m not planning to come on-site until January 2022. Do I need to comply with the policy by September 1?
Yes. The September 1 deadline is not dependent on your next visit to a UC facility. As both vaccine proofs and exemptions are reviewed manually, there will be a delay between your submission and approval. Don’t wait until August 31 or when you need to come on-site.
If I’m not in an essential role, why might I need to come on-site?
You will need to be policy-compliant to come to the office for any reason, for any amount of time, after Sept. 1. This includes:
- Completing an on-site task
- Working in or being assigned to an essential on-site role
- Attending appointments with ITCS, BASC or other on-site teams
- Using the mailroom or Franklin Business Center
- Accessing or retrieving items from your workspace, stored items or ergonomic equipment
- Visiting a conference room, interim workspace or hoteling space
What happens if I don’t comply with the policy by September 1?
You will not be permitted access to UCOP facilities and your building access badge will be deactivated until you are in compliance.
Where can I find more information about the policy implementation?
For more information about the proof of vaccination or exception/deferral process, visit the UCOP COVID-19 Vaccine Policy Implementation page. For questions about completing the online tracker, email UCOP-COVID19-Vaccine@ucop.edu.