Wednesday: Attend the UC Wildfire Symposium
This Wednesday, Sept. 22, from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. (PT), join UC Research and Innovation (R&I) for the third UC Wildfire Symposium.
This symposium will highlight the devastating societal and economic impacts of these fires on at-risk communities and the state of California. This event offers an opportunity to hear directly from UC experts and California agency representatives on the issue of wildfires and the vital recovery and mitigation strategies the state can take to assist Californians.
The symposium will feature UC experts on the science, culture, economics, climate justice and policy dimensions of wildfires, as well as senior officials from the California State Assembly and the U.S. Forest Service.
- Cecilia Estolano, Chair, University of California Board of Regents
- Zoe Lofgren, Congresswoman, U.S. House of Representatives
- Richard Bloom, Assemblyman, California State Assembly
- Frank Lake, Research Ecologist, U.S. Forest Service
- Ricardo Lara, Insurance Commissioner, California Department of Insurance
- Theresa Maldonado, Vice President, UC R&I, University of California
- Karen Ross, Secretary, California Department of Food and Agriculture
- UC wildfire experts
- Keynote Session: California State Assembly Perspective
- Panel 1: The Economics and Risk of Wildfire
- Panel 2: Culture, Science, and Policy: Alternative Perspectives on Wildfire Management
- Panel 3: Disproportionate Impacts of Wildfire
Watch recordings of our past symposia
For questions, contact Beth.Kellman@ucop.edu.Tags: UC Wildfire Symposium, wildfire