Courses to support your anti-racist journey
The beginning of the new year is a perfect time to recommit to building your knowledge around equity, inclusion and anti-racism. Two upcoming courses offered through UCOP Learning and Development can help.
Belonging and Inclusion Toward an Anti-Racist Organization — New!
Feb. 3, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. (PT)
Led by popular instructor Dr. Rachelle Rogers Ard, Ed.D., this workshop is an opportunity to deeply explore the application and behaviors of the UCOP Core Competency of Belonging and Inclusion. The need to create inclusive workspaces where each person feels a sense of connection and belonging has increased significantly with remote work and our country’s continued tension around race. Together, we will explore the emotional depth associated with feelings of inclusion and belonging, awareness of one’s own values and the element of race. We’ll review concrete examples of change and learn the hard questions necessary for building lasting change. Modules will include:
- Defining race, equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging
- Sharing inclusion and belonging examples within organizations
- Naming and discussing barriers to inclusionary practices at UCOP
- Completing the SEL Awareness Inventory (distributed in advance to all participants)
Managing Implicit Bias: Extend Your Learning
Jan. 28, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. (PT)
If you’ve taken the UC Managing Implicit Bias series and would like to go deeper on exploring your own understanding of implicit bias, its impact and what you can do to prevent it, join us for a deep dive. This workshop provides an opportunity to discuss challenges and strategies for managing implicit bias, get a greater understanding of your own implicit biases and learn how to promote equity, diversity and inclusion wherever you are. Together, we will explore and reflect upon questions such as:
- What are our unique biases, and how can we be more mindful when it comes to making decisions that may be influenced by them?
- How do we consciously de-bias our thinking?
- How will it benefit me to know when I am engaged in implicit bias?
- How can I apply what I have learned?
- How can I commit to the continued exploration of my own biases?
Note: You must take all classes in the UC Managing Implicit Bias series prior to registering for this class.
For on-demand courses related to equity, diversity and inclusion, check out the LinkedIn Learning Community and Belonging Collection.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Tags: anti-racism, EDI, implicit bias