Oakland employees: Take the Parking and Commute Survey
As the Franklin-Broadway Campus reopens, the Building and Administrative Service Center (BASC) needs to assess employees’ anticipated commute plans and parking demand.
BASC asks all Oakland-based employees to complete the UCOP Oakland-Based Employee Parking and Commute Survey. The survey will be distributed by email on Tuesday, Jan. 25, and must be completed by Tuesday, Feb. 1.
How will survey results be used?
Survey results will be used to:
- Determine demand for daily and monthly parking
- Gain awareness of parking preferences
- Identify specific needs (e.g., vehicle type, EV charging)
- Secure additional nearby parking, if needed, to meet demand
- Understand employees’ interest in participating in the Commuter Benefits Program.
Are the preferences I select in this survey binding?
No. Completing this five-minute survey does not commit you to any parking option or purchase, nor does it guarantee a parking location or rate. A separate communication will outline the parking enrollment process.
What factors should I consider when completing the survey?
You should consider your anticipated commute once your on-site work schedule aligns with your approved work arrangement. In addition, keep the following in mind as you contemplate your commuting options and complete the survey:
- Public transportation access: The Franklin-Broadway Campus is adjacent to BART’s 12th Street City Center station and across the street from a new station for AC Transit’s East Bay Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system.
- Parking rate increase: Based on current operational costs and a market analysis of parking locations in the downtown Oakland area, monthly rates for UCOP-issued employee parking permits will increase for this location. This will be the first parking rate adjustment in more than 10 years and it is necessary to operate and maintain the garage. Currently estimated at $150-$180/month, rates will be finalized prior to enrollment and will remain significantly below current market rates in downtown Oakland.
- NEW—Daily parking option: For the first time, the UCOP-managed parking garage will offer a daily parking option. The daily rate, estimated at $20/day, will be assessed based on the average market rate in the downtown Oakland area.
When will BASC make changes to the current parking situation?
Parking at the Oakland Franklin-Broadway Campus remains free to employees while building access is limited and many people are working off-site due to COVID-19. Fees are expected to begin in late spring 2022, once the new campus is fully open and employees have shifted to their on-site, hybrid and fully remote work arrangements.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Tags: oakland, parking survey, return to on-site operations