Upload your COVID-19 booster info by March 15
The following message was sent to all UCOP staff on March 1, 2022.
First and foremost, I hope you and your loved ones are healthy, and that you are taking care of yourself.
I’m pleased to announce that the UCOP COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker is now available for you to provide your booster information and documentation of proof.
Per the UCOP booster mandate, UCOP employees eligible for a booster vaccination should have obtained one by Jan. 31, 2022. Employees who are not yet eligible (due to timing of original vaccine dose(s)) must get a booster shot within 30 days of eligibility, which is five months after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna and two months after the Johnson & Johnson dose.
What you need to do
To provide your booster information and upload your proof, go to UCOP COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker and do the following:
- Prepare by making sure you have the dates you received your booster(s) and your Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) vaccination card handy (or foreign equivalent for those that received their vaccinations abroad – See the COVID-19 vaccination policy FAQs for more information).
- Select the I am reporting a booster button. (Note: If you are a new employee and have not yet uploaded your proof of vaccination into the UCOP COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker, select the I was vaccinated button and follow the instructions. Then return to the tracker and report your booster information.)
- Your name, employee ID and UCOP email address will auto-populate.
- Select your UCOP work location, which is the city where your usual UCOP office is located.
- Select Yes that you are reporting a booster. If you select No, you will be asked to return to the tracker landing page and select another option or cancel the intake.
- Select the vaccine manufacturer for your booster.
- Select how many booster shots you have received. (If you have received more than one booster shot, you will need to go into the system and enter each booster separately.)
- Enter the date of your latest booster.
- Upload a picture of your vaccination card (the document issued by the CDC).
- Attest that the information you provided is accurate and you understand that it will be shared with your employer.
- Hit the Submit button.
- You must use Chrome or Firefox browsers — this link does not work on Internet Explorer.
- If you entered your booster information prior to March 1, you will need to re-enter your information by following the steps above or your information will not be tracked correctly.
If you have an existing COVID-19 vaccination or exception or deferral, it still applies with respect to boosters. As a reminder, those with approved exceptions or deferrals (or a pending request for one) will be required to observe non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs), including wearing a face covering and maintaining physical distancing while on-site, and participate in daily COVID-19 testing.
If you were eligible for a booster on or before Jan. 31, you have until March 15 to enter your booster information and upload proof in the vaccine tracker. If you were not eligible, you have 30 days from eligibility to get your booster and enter your booster information and upload proof. If you have not either provided proof of your original vaccination or submitted a request for exception or deferral, you will not be permitted access to UCOP facilities and your building access badge will be deactivated until you are in compliance.
UCOP will continue to follow Appendix E: Employee Compliance in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination policy. Questions about completing the online tracker can be directed to UCOP-COVID19-Vaccine@ucop.edu.
Thank you for your partnership and prompt action, and as always, please stay safe.
Nancy Pluzdrak, MBA, EdD
Executive Director, UCOP Human Resources