Learn how to help make UC more electronically inclusive
We all want to contribute to making UC more inclusive, especially for our colleagues, constituents and community members who have disabilities — but we’re not always sure how. Accessibility can seem technical, complex and confusing. Thankfully, the UC Electronic Accessibility Committee (EAC) is here to help!
Be sure to register for the EAC’s May 19 webinar in celebration of Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD). The goal of the event is to demystify accessibility and share ideas about how individuals, locations, and UC as a whole can expand access to all.
This fast-paced event will feature 10-15 minute sessions, including
- Intro to barriers faced by individuals with disabilities
- Empathy session featuring a UC staff member with a temporary disability
- Demo of how people navigate the digital environment using a keyboard only
- Tutorial on how to make content using Rich Text Editors accessible
- Gameshow about research and data that can help guide accessibility
- What: Accessibility Demystified
- Date: May 19, 2022
- Time: 10 – 11:30 a.m. (PT)
- Registration: Register online here
The webinar will be live-captioned and will provide ASL interpretation. It will also be recorded. Please submit any accommodations requests to Yvonne Tevis.
Explore the UC GAAD 2021 offerings, and for more information about digital accessibility, be sure to browse the UC Electronic Accessibility website.