Oakland employees: Franklin-Broadway campus parking deadlines and FAQs
A version of this article was sent to all UCOP employees on Thursday, June 9.
The deadline to enroll for parking has been extended to June 17, 2022. Because of low enrollment in the Marriott off-site option, it has been removed.
Parking in Oakland will continue to be free through July 31, and then we will reinstate the paid parking program beginning August 1, 2022. As a reminder, based on the results of our parking and commute survey in January and current parking enrollment numbers, we should have enough parking for both daily and monthly parkers in the Franklin garage.
Below are the details about the new Oakland parking program, and instructions for how to enroll or change your parking election due to the temporary option to adjust hybrid workdays on-site.
What are the new parking rates for Oakland?
UCOP parking rates in Oakland will continue to be significantly below current market rates. UCOP rates have not increased for more than 10 years, despite rising costs during this same period. Accordingly, UCOP parking rates are going up by 10%. The rates include both daily and monthly parking options.
|Franklin Garage Options
|Electric Vehicle 240-volt charge*
|Additional fee per use
*120-volt is complementary in the Franklin garage on a first-come, first-served basis.
How do I enroll in the Oakland parking program?
For cars and motorcycles
- Complete the UCOP Parking Enrollment Form and the included Parking Participant Contract by June 17, 2022.
— You must complete both forms or your enrollment process will be incomplete.
— For more detailed information on filling out the form, see the UCOP Parking Enrollment Form Guide for Oakland-Based Employees.
- The Work Management Center will contact you in June to confirm eligibility and provide next steps.
For bicycles and scooters
- If you would like to park a bicycle or scooter in the Franklin garage, enroll with the Work Management Center by using the bicycle/scooter enrollment form.
- Bicycle/scooter parking is also available in the Broadway building, but it is not managed by UCOP. Please complete the Broadway Bicycle Storage registration form and email it to Sierra Finn at River Rock Properties (SFenn@riverrockreg.com). If you have questions, please contact her as well.
I submitted my parking election previously, but I’d like to change my election. How do I make the change?
Follow the instructions above to re-submit your application for a new parking election by the June 17, 2022, deadline. You will need to update both the Enrollment Form and Parking Participant Contract.
I participated in the UCOP parking program pre-pandemic. Do I need to enroll again?
Yes. Everyone must complete the new enrollment process.
My on-site days will vary each week or month. Which parking option should I choose?
If your on-site workdays vary from week to week or month to month, we suggest you consider the following options.
Daily parking – with reserve days
- Enroll in daily parking for the known days you will work on-site, plus an extra day
- Any unused days will roll over to the following month. You will have until the end of the calendar year to use unused parking days.
- You may update your daily enrollment by the first of each month to reduce or increase the number of parking days in the following month.
- It is necessary to actively manage your account each month when choosing daily parking. Parking cards will be deactivated if you consistently park more than your pre-selected days each month.
- Enroll in monthly parking if you plan to work at least two days on-site each week and you anticipate working one to two unplanned days on-site each month
- While there is an added $20 monthly cost, this option allows you to park an unlimited amount of days during the work week without the need to manage your parking balance on a monthly basis.
How do I pay for parking?
You will pay for monthly or daily parking through payroll deductions. For your security, the new parking program will not accept payment by check or personal credit card. You can also take advantage of the pre-tax Commuter Benefits Program if eligible. Once the enrollment process is complete, your information will be processed for a deduction on either a biweekly (non-exempt employees) or a monthly (exempt employees) payroll cycle. More information about this process can be found in the UCOP Parking Enrollment Form Guide for Oakland-Based Employees.
I may want to drive in periodically. Can I park in the Franklin garage?
Starting August 1, only staff who enroll in the parking program will be able to park in the Franklin Building garage.
If you have questions, please read the UCOP Parking Enrollment Form Guide for Oakland-Based Employees and the Franklin-Broadway Campus Parking FAQ. You can also contact the Work Management Center at email@example.com.Tags: oakland, parking