ME@UCOP: Training for new people managers
UCOP Learning and Development has just announced the Manager Essentials at UCOP, AKA ME@UCOP learning cohort, a required course series for managers and supervisors who are new to UCOP management (those who have assumed their roles within the past three years).
What is ME@UCOP
ME@UCOP will help people managers learn essential UCOP processes, policies, competencies and leadership philosophies, while building community and connection with their peers. Topics will include: UCOP hiring and recruitment, compensation, inclusive leadership, procurement, UCOP policies and laws, and people development.
How do I participate?
Managers, supervisors or a department leader can complete this short ME@UCOP Cohort request survey to indicate the manager’s interest in the program and preferred dates from the options below:
- 2022 Cohort 3: 5, Oct. 12, Oct. 19, Oct. 26
- 2023 Cohort 1: Feb. 7, Feb. 14, Feb. 21, Feb. 28
- 2023 Cohort 2: April 19, April 26, May 3, May 10
- 2023 Cohort 3: Oct. 5, Oct. 12, Oct. 19, Oct. 26
Please note that the first two sessions of each cohort take place 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.; the third and fourth sessions are held 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
What have past participants said?
We have held two successful pilot cohorts. Here’s some of the feedback so far:
- “The content was great and helped us to realize that we have a support system.”
- “Sessions were well-facilitated. The opportunities to engage in breakout rooms really helped us to feel connected, even though we were meeting via Zoom! These four sessions packed a punch — the resources were invaluable.”
- “I learned a lot and I felt like I had a safe space to learn and share. I highly recommend it.”
Read the program overview on Box (log in required). For questions, or to further discuss ME@UCOP, contact Annie Prozan.
Tags: ME@UCOP, new managers, people managers, professional development