New classes: Become a better communicator
Everyone wants to express their ideas and insights clearly and effectively. But sometimes doing so is more difficult than it seems. Upcoming courses offered through UCOP Learning and Development have been specially chosen to help you develop the communication skills you need to excel in any role.
Select course name to register; listings reflect Pacific Time.
Communication in the Workplace
Sept. 23, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Taught by popular instructor Raj Kapur from the Center for Project Management, this workshop delivers an array of tools and techniques to build your communication skills. Learn to enhance your professional presence, build emotional intelligence and use verbal and non-verbal communication techniques to engage with colleagues and make a positive impact. Here’s what past participants have said:
- “Raj Kapur is an excellent instructor and obviously knows his domain. His humor, knowledge and engagement were great; he was willing to take questions while still keeping us on time. I was making mental notes on how to conduct trainings by watching him teach!”
- “Raj is very dynamic. He held my attention, had great advice and kept everyone on track.”
- “The small class size lets us ask in-the-moment questions and get the answers we need. Raj also has experience working with UCOP, so he understands our unique challenges.”
Get to the Point! Effective Writing Skills
Oct. 18 and Oct. 21, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Both sessions are required.)
Unclear or hard-to-understand messages can leave readers wondering, “What’s the point?” This one-day workshop, taught by highly rated trainer Barbara Nelson, will help you get your points across quickly, clearly and concisely. Learn tips to make communications more effective that can be put into practice immediately to improve clarity, response and action. Past UCOP course participants have rated this course highly: 93% agreed that Barbara was well-prepared, knowledgeable and shared knowledge directly applicable to their current role; 100% found the content easy to follow. They shared:
- “Courses like Get to the Point are applicable to everyday job responsibilities and/or career goals. It was helpful to have writing exercises and live feedback.”
- “Barbara engaged the class and encouraged a two-way dialog. She didn’t make anyone feel bad for not knowing the right answer or put anyone on the spot. It was a very safe and effective learning environment.”
- “Barbara’s workbook provided was easy to use and understand. The class was engaging and fun!”
NEW – Courageous Conversations
Oct. 20, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Whether you’re giving someone feedback, navigating conflict or sharing a tough message, knowing how to communicate your message without damaging relationships is essential. In this interactive workshop, you’ll learn how to manage your emotions and communicate effectively, especially under pressure. We’ll explore how to structure a conversation including useful strategies for opening dialogue. You’ll have an opportunity to practice real-life scenarios and get feedback from your peers. To make the most of this workshop, please come prepared with a conversation you’d like to have that will require courage (e.g. giving someone feedback, discussing a microaggression, sharing an unpopular decision, addressing a complaint, etc.). You’ll share this example with a fellow participant to help yourself prepare for the real thing.
Don’t have time to attend a scheduled class? Consider self-paced courses and videos from LinkedIn Learning. Check out the Communications collection here (log in required). For more upcoming courses, visit the Link Classes & Workshops page. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Tags: Communication, professional development