OPSA shares popular event videos and announces next month’s program
The OP Staff Assembly (OPSA) hosted two popular events for UCOP staff in October. Thanks to all the UCOP colleagues who joined us for these fun and informative community gatherings! Join us for our next event, and see below for descriptions of October events and links to video recordings.
Save the date: OPSA spotlights NAIPISA on Nov. 9
Next month OPSA will be spotlighting the Native American, Indigenous and Pacific Islanders Staff Association (NAIPISA) in honor of Native American Heritage Month on Nov. 9. The mission of NAIPISA is to form a welcoming environment at UCOP for staff who identify as Native American, Indigenous and Pacific Islander and to provide meaningful opportunities for them to engage with the mission of the University of California. Come learn about how to get involved with the group and upcoming activities for Native American Heritage Month.
- What: OPSA Steering Committee features NAIPISA
- When: Nov. 9, 12 – 1 p.m. (PT)
- Zoom: Web link | Meeting ID: 942 7317 1531 | Passcode: 374177
Leadership Career Panel (Oct. 5, 2022)
OPSA is thankful to have had the opportunity to engage with senior UCOP leaders and learn more about their career trajectories. We learned about their personal and professional challenges and triumphs, and walked away with uplifting advice and encouragement.
We are extremely grateful to our panelists who shared their time and experiences with us:
- Carrie L. Byington, M.D., Executive Vice President and Head of UC Health
- Callale Concon, Ombudsperson, UCOP
- Lalitha Sankaran, Director, Office of Workplace Inclusion and Belonging, UCOP
- Van Williams, Vice President of Information Technology Services and Chief Information Officer, UC
Staff Engagement Meeting (Oct. 12, 2022)
In OPSA’s October staff engagement meeting:
- Dennis McIver, chair of the Council of University of California Staff Assemblies (CUCSA), as well as a new program manager in the Office of Workplace Inclusion & Belonging at UCOP, provided an overview of CUCSA’s 2022-23 initiatives on behalf of UCOP staff
- Nancy Pluzdrak, executive director of UCOP Human Resources, shared a very thorough explanation of the On-Cycle Promotion process
The OP Staff Assembly supports UC’s mission by encouraging communication between staff and the administration and other members of the university community on matters of interest to staff employees, in accordance with California laws and Regental policy. Our activities provide forums where staff at all levels can discuss issues of mutual concern, and offer opinions and recommendations on policies, processes and programs. To learn more about OPSA, visit our webpage. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Tags: OPSA, OPSA Career Panel