Be a more effective communicator with these courses
Boost your workplace communication skills with these upcoming courses from UCOP Learning and Development!
Select each course name below to register. Listings reflect Pacific Time.
March 7 & 10, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Highly rated trainer Barbara Nelson facilitates this workshop directed towards all professionals who want to be confident that their communications are clear and correct. We’ll tackle the basics of business writing, from constructing clear sentences to making sure work is grammatically correct and punctuated appropriately. Topics include constructing clear sentences, eliminating grammatical errors, using correct punctuation and applying correct capitalization. Previous participants have rated this course 4.95/5.
- “Barbara does a really good job of explaining how to write effective emails.”
- “The workbook provided was easy to use and to follow.”
- “The class was engaging and fun. Best of all, I can apply the knowledge to my job immediately.”
Delivery Skills for Connecting with Your Audience
March 22 & March 29, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
No matter who you’re presenting to, how you share your information matters. UCOP Learning and Development Specialist Oscar Lara will lead this interactive workshop focused on helping you gain the skills needed to make your next presentation a success. We’ll identify common presentation and public-speaking anxieties, then learn to prepare for and overcome them; explore presentation styles and techniques to keep your audience engaged; and discover new tips and tricks to make your presentations stand out!
Come with a recent presentation, outline or presentation idea to practice and workshop. In response to feedback from participants — who have rated this course 5/5 — we have extended this offering to two sessions to allow for more time to practice skills and receive feedback from peers in breakout rooms and the group setting.
- “Oscar was easy to follow and incredibly engaging.”
- “I appreciated that Oscar shared several strategies that can be applied for effective delivery.”
- “Oscar was very animated and easy to follow.”
PowerPoint Techniques — Registration opening soon!
April 27, 10 – 11:30 a.m.
In this session, you’ll learn powerful techniques that can help you save significant time, better manipulate and format presentations, convey information in a compelling way, and collaborate with others more effectively. You’ll learn:
- Formatting tips, shortcuts and master slides
- Data presentation tips, including tables, charts and diagrams from within PowerPoint and from other applications, like Excel and Word
- Using SmartArt to add visual elements that make your presentation more memorable
- Presentation best-practices to increase your impact
On-demand learning opportunities
Don’t have time to sign up for a live workshop? Check out short videos and longer courses in the Communication LinkedIn Learning Collection, created by the UCOP Learning and Development team.
All UCOP employees have free access to LinkedIn Learning. If you’re new to LinkedIn Learning, check out the following resources:
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, professional development