Attend an Anti-Racism Task Force update on March 21
On Tuesday, March 21, from 12-1 p.m. (PT), all staff are invited to join UCOP leaders for an update on the work of the Anti-Racism Task Force (ARTF).
During this presentation, we will provide an update on the work of ARTF implementation workstreams, including our accomplishments to date. We’ll explain the focus areas that are being handled by departments with specialized experience, and will introduce a new UCOP Equity Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (EDIB) and Anti-Racism Advisory Group, established by the Office of Workplace Inclusion & Belonging.
- Nancy Chen Lane, Senior Director of Integrated Talent Management, UC Systemwide Human Resources
- Yvette Gullatt, Vice President for Graduate and Undergraduate Affairs, Vice Provost for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, and Chief Diversity Officer of the University of California
- Cheryl Lloyd, Vice President for Systemwide Human Resources and Chief Human Resources Officer, University of California
- Nancy Pluzdrak, Executive Director of Human Resources, UCOP
- Lalitha Sankaran, Director of the Office of Workplace Inclusion and Belonging, UCOP
- What: UCOP Anti-Racism Task Force Update
- When: Tuesday, March 21, 12-1 p.m. (PT)
- Zoom: https://ucop.zoom.us/j/96850284012?pwd=ODRZTDhhK0hnYW5veWREc0l5R3RUQT09
Advance registration is not required.
About the ARTF
The ARTF was launched in 2020 and charged with considering how best to advance UCOP, at all locations, toward consistently fair, equitable and anti-racist behaviors, policies, practices and structures throughout the organization. Four focus areas and recommendations for a five-year implementation strategy were presented by the ARTF in a report (PDF) to President Michael V. Drake in December 2020. They were formally approved March 2021.
For questions, contact Lalitha Sankaran.
Tags: Anti-Racism Task Force, ARTF, Lalitha Sankaran