BSFO will host a week of whole health equity events
The Black Staff and Faculty Organization (BSFO) is hosting several events for BSFO Health and Wellness Month. This year’s theme is “Whole Health Equity – Closing the Gap,” and all staff are invited to join in exploring health equity and practicing self-care. Mark your calendar and join us for the following virtual and Oakland events!
All listings reflect Pacific Time.
BSFO Health and Wellness Month Kickoff
Oct. 11, 12 – 2 p.m | Oakland, Franklin building 5th floor patio
Get your blood flowing and help us begin this month’s festivities with a fitness-themed celebration, featuring a WorkFit Zumba instructor!
Virtual Meditation with LeNaya Smith Crawford
Oct. 17 & Oct. 25, 9 – 9:15 a.m. | Zoom: 988 1244 5936
This event is a virtual meditation led by LeNaya Smith Crawford, the Holistic MFT.
BSFO Oakland Health and Wellness Fair
Oct. 17, 12 – 2 p.m. | Oakland, Franklin Lobby 1
Get tips and advice for taking care of yourself — body, mind and spirit — during our health and wellness fair in Oakland.
BSFO Panel: Whole Health Equity — Closing the Gaps
Oct. 25, 12 – 1:30 p.m. | Zoom: 988 0343 2910
Join us for a virtual panel event on health equity. Our prestigious speakers include:
- UC President Michael V. Drake, M.D.
- Dr. Medell Briggs-Malonson, Chief of Health Equity, Diversity and Inclusion for the UCLA Hospital and Clinic System
- Dr. Anne Foster, Vice President/Chief Clinical (Strategy) Officer, UC Health
- Dr. Malcolm John, Medical Director of Health Equity for UCSF Health, Co-Chair of the Health Equity Council at UCSF Health, and Director of the UCSF Black Health Initiative
- Dr. Taisha Caldwell-Harvey, founder and operator of The Black Girl Doctor
Help support the BSFO Scholarship Fund
In addition to supporting UCOP staff through informative, fun events, BSFO works year-round to raise money for deserving UC students — and you can help! This week, members invite you to show your support by helping to sell Double Good Gourmet Popcorn or donating on Giving Tuesday and Giving Thursday. Learn how to participate or give.
For questions, contact Joyce Price and Roni Wilson. Download an event flyer (PDF)
Tags: BSFO, BSFO Health and Wellness Month, health equity