Applications are open for UCOP’s popular Making Power Moves and Take Charge courses
UCOP Learning and Development is thrilled to announce two upcoming opportunities for UCOP colleagues to build their careers with wisdom and advice from industry leader Amy Levine, Ed.D., in partnership with Vanessa George, M.B.A.
Making Power Moves: Women and Leadership — For women-identifying staff who manage people or projects
UCOP Learning and Development has once again partnered with the President’s Advisory Committee on the Status of Women (PACSW) to sponsor the popular course, Making Power Moves: Women and Leadership. This course is an exceptional career development opportunity for women and women-identifying individuals who manage people or projects. It is designed expressly for UCOP staff and sessions reflect the unique UCOP environment.
Led by Amy Levine, a certified leadership coach, educator and consultant with over 30 years’ experience working with individuals and groups to assist them in reaching their goals, Making Power Moves has consistently received overwhelmingly positive feedback and has resulted in great outcomes for past participants.
If you’re a manager or supervisor, consider nominating your women-identifying employees to attend. Your whole team will benefit when the participant learns to apply high standards of ethical practice and compassionate leadership to their role.
- Navigate your personal professional advancement with grace and poise
- Develop coaching techniques to empower your own supervisees and delegate with clarity and confidence
- Assess organizational politics in order to put your best foot forward in the workplace
- Assess the state of your professional networks and learn how to make connections that truly count
- Prepare to negotiate, build a case, present a request and clinch the deal
- Successfully think and speak extemporaneously
- Help others recognize their value in the workplace and create a successful relationship with leadership
- Enhance your leadership skills by focusing on successes rather than mistakes
- Dates: Held every Wednesday, Jan. 10 – March 13, 2024
- Time: 3 to 6 p.m. (PT)
- Location: Virtual, via Zoom
- Program Cost: $1,000
Space is limited to 22 participants. Seats will be given in the order in which registration and payment are received. Apply for Making Power Moves here starting Nov. 7! The registration deadline is Dec. 8, 2023.
To learn more about Making Power Moves, check out the answers to frequently asked questions (Box log-in is required).
Take Charge: Developing a career strategy — For administrative, support and entry-level staff
If you’re an administrative, support or entry-level staff member who’s ready to take your career to the next level, check out Take Charge: Developing a Career Strategy! This six-month program, sponsored by UCOP’s Learning & Development team, will give you the tools you need to thrive in the workplace for years to come. Apply for Take Charge today!
Take Charge is co-led by Amy Levine and Vanessa George, M.B.A.. Vanessa is director of Graduate Career Services at the University of San Francisco School of Management and a certified executive career coach. She and Amy are informed resources for exploring career options at UCOP and throughout the UC system.
Three-pronged approach to career success
The Take Charge program’s success comes from its winning combination of classroom learning, independent study, and peer mentoring. It includes:
- Six live virtual classes. Get real-world advice for boosting your career, including:
• Singing your praises — self-advocacy
• Managing up and negotiation skills
• Career planning and networking
• Effective resume writing
• Interviewing tips and strategies
- Weekly self-guided assignments. Reflect upon the advice you receive in each session and strategize for how you will apply it to your career.
- Five peer mentoring sessions. Program consultants will help you learn to articulate your career goals and work towards achieving them.
- Learn to better manage your career development
- Expand your professional network
- Experience more job satisfaction
- Improve your relationship with your manager
Take Charge is a six-month program held bi-weekly on Thursdays from Jan. 25 – June 13, 2024. Session lengths vary from one to two hours and take place from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. or 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. (PT). All 12 sessions will be hosted virtually via Zoom.
- Learn more about Take Charge by attending a 30-minute information session via Zoom on Nov. 9 from 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. Register here.
- Discuss this opportunity with your supervisor, as their approval is required for you to participate.
- Submit your Take Charge program application by Dec. 8, 2023.
For more information, read and download the Take Charge FAQ from Box.
For questions about either of the above opportunities, contact email@example.com.Tags: Amy Levine, leadership development, Making Power Moves, professional development, Take Charge, Vanessa George