Applications for the People Management Integrated Learning Program are due this Friday
If you’ve been looking for a way to boost your career by learning to become a people manager, or enhancing your leadership skills, check out the People Management Integrated Learning Program (PM-ILP) — a cohort training opportunity from UCOP Learning and Development.
In 2024, we are offering two cohorts: a fully virtual cohort for 100% remote employees and a fully in-person cohort for hybrid and in-person Oakland employees.
How does the PM-ILP program work?
Participants will complete online People Management Series courses at their own pace. Each month, they’ll meet for live cohort training sessions to expand their knowledge and connect with colleagues. Cohort sessions will include discussion sessions, guest speakers and role play/practice management scenarios, in addition to supplemental training and reading materials.
What will I gain by participating in PM-ILP?
- Discover the value of emotional intelligence: The best people managers develop and model empathy, demonstrate an awareness of and control over their own emotions and invest in personal relationships. Learn to develop these skills in yourself, and encourage others to share in this growth mindset.
- Build universally applicable leadership skills: Leadership skills are essential in every career. Whether you’re a people manager or individual contributor, learning the language of leadership can help you maximize your impact on your team and elevate your readiness for future opportunities and promotions.
- Benefit from the knowledge and experience of your peers: Skill-building requires more than watching — you must reflect, try, fail and learn from your experiences. By taking these classes alongside like-minded colleagues, you will gain a deep understanding of what leadership means at UCOP while building cross-functional connections that can support you in the future.
- Maximize the value of UC’s People Management Series and Certificate: With 16 core modules and four elective courses, the People Management Series and Certificate gives you the in-depth, targeted knowledge you need to inspire and manage colleagues. Topics range from implicit bias and performance management to administration, change management and communications.
Who should participate in PM-ILP?
- Any people managers who would like to learn essential skills that will help them be more effective in leading their teams.
- Any individual contributor who anticipates moving into a people manager role in the next two years and who wants to acquire critical skills in advance to set themselves up for success.
2024 Program Dates
• 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. — Jan. 18
• 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. — Feb. 15, March 21, April 18, May 16, June 20, July 18
• 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. — March 13
• 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. — April 10, May 18, June 12, Aug. 14, Sept. 11, Oct. 9
How do I sign up for PM-ILP?
- Discuss this opportunity with your supervisor, as their approval is required for your participation.
- Complete the 2024 Program Application by Friday, Dec. 1.
- The cohort will be between 20-25 people and will accept as many participants as possible on a first-come, first-served basis. If needed, priority will be based on management status, years of service for UC, and aim for a diversity of roles and departments.
Tags: leadership development, learning cohort, PM-ILP, professional development