UCOP kicks off season with Holiday Party this Friday
Get ready for a few new surprises to be introduced to UCOP’s longstanding traditions when the annual holiday party comes to Franklin this Friday, Dec. 14.
You won’t want to miss the great food, decorations and the chance to mix and mingle with your colleagues.
You’ll also get to catch UCOP’s newest musical group, Uke-C Ishtory, and the Fiat Lux pop-up art project, which will be installed the day of the party. Visit the project table in the Franklin lobby, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. today through Thursday and 8 to 9 a.m. Friday, to create your post-it note to add to the sculpture.
You probably already know the UCOP Singers, now in their 36th year, the choral group that performs traditional carols and holiday songs from other cultures to get UCOP into the holiday spirit. This year they will share the bill with Uke-C Ishtory, a group that grew out of last September’s Staff Appreciation Week, which will spice up the mix with their combo of classic Hawaiian and funk sounds.
And it’s not too late to get in on the friendly Franklin holiday decorating competition. If you are located in another building, feel free to team up with a department or floor at Franklin to take part. For everyone’s safety, be sure to follow these safety tips for decorating. The winner gets bragging rights and a mention with photos in Link.
See the detailed schedule below to make sure you are in the right place at the right time to enjoy all the refreshments and events in this action-packed day.
- 8 to 9 a.m., Franklin lobby: Cider and sweets served by senior leadership, with entertainment by the UCOP Singers
- 8 to 9 a.m., Kaiser sixth floor: Holiday-themed second Friday breakfast, hosted by senior leadership and accompanied by Uke-C Ishtory
- 10 to 11 a.m. throughout Franklin: Holiday decoration judging floor by floor
- 1:45 to 2 p.m.: Franklin lobby: EVP Nathan Brostrom to unveil the Fiat Lux pop-up holiday art project, with musical accompaniment by Uke-C Ishtory
- 2 to 3:30 p.m., Franklin Lobby 1: Turkey bites and finger foods served by senior leadership, with appearances by Uke-C Ishtory (2 to 2:20 p.m.) and the UCOP Singers (3 to 3:30 p.m.)
- 2 to 3:30 p.m., 5320 Franklin: Appetizers served, with appearances by the UCOP Singers (2 to 2:20 p.m.) and Uke-C Ishtory (2:30 to 2:50 p.m.)
- 2 to 3:30 p.m., 12th floor President’s Conference Room: Desserts served, with appearances by the UCOP Singers (2:30 to 2:50 p.m.) and Uke-C Ishtory (3 to 3:30 p.m.)
- 3 to 3:30 p.m. Franklin Lobby 1 Conference Room (approximate): Winner of the holiday decoration contest announced
The holiday party is funded entirely through donations from UCOP managers to show their sincere appreciation for all that you do. Don’t miss this opportunity to visit with your colleagues and celebrate our collective accomplishments.