Cast your vote: OP Staff Assembly election closes midnight Friday
The polls are now open! Jump online and vote to help select the 2013–14 OP Staff Assembly Steering Committee.
If you are a UCOP career employee, you are a member of the OP Staff Assembly and eligible to vote for up to six new members for the Staff Assembly Steering Committee. Be sure to select only six candidates; if you vote for more than six, your entire ballot will be invalidated.
Voting is easy! You can vote 24-7 until midnight this Friday, June 28, at http://danr.ucop.edu/OPStaffAssembly/. The website includes a complete statement and photo for each of the seven candidates:
- Melissa Amescua, analyst in the Business Resource Center
- Tracy FitzGerald, traffic coordinator in Marketing and Communications
- Matthew Leet, Franklin Building chief engineer in the Building and Administrative Services Center
- Jeffrey Li, calculations specialist in the Retirement Administration Service Center
- Dan Scannell, UCOP coordinator of Public Record Act requests and conflict of interest issues in the Office of the General Counsel
- Jeannie Urban, personnel analyst in UCOP Local HR Employee and Labor Relations
- Karla Wood, program specialist in the Division of Health Sciences and Services
Thanks to this year’s Staff Assembly Steering Committee for their service and leadership. Rotating off this year are Gina Mortenson and Jeanie Urban (now running for a second term). Remaining on the committee for 2013–14 are Darlene Alvarez, Nancy Chamberlain, Claudia Escobar (chair), Peter Forde and Gemma Rieser. New members start their two-year terms in July, and the first meeting will be held on Wednesday, July 10.
The OP Staff Assembly is a staff organization dedicated to promoting the interest and welfare of all career employees. It is affiliated with the Council of UC Staff Assemblies (CUCSA), the systemwide staff group with representatives from all UC campuses and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory as well as OP. All staff are encouraged to attend OP Staff Assembly meetings, held the second Wednesday of each month.