Want to update your skills? Take summer school at UCOP
Plan ahead for classes coming up this summer at UCOP, including Introduction to Outlook and Accomplishing More with Less. Sign up for these and many other classes through the UCOP Learning Center (see detailed instructions below).
Microsoft Outlook 2007 Introduction, Thursday, July 11, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., 7107 Franklin
Microsoft Outlook offers a powerful set of communication and collaboration features beyond sending and receiving email messages, including scheduling meetings, setting up tasks and creating personal electronic notes.
Topics covered in this full-day class include:
- Learn the basics of launching applications, using the toolbars, customizing the interface and maximizing the calendaring features.
- Demystify the secrets of scheduling meetings between groups, inviting attendees and resource requests.
- Learn the benefits of the Contacts folder and setting up profiles.
- Master the Tasks and Notes features as well as setting deadlines and priorities and tracking tasks.
Accomplishing More with Less, Thursday, July 25, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Franklin Lobby 1 Conference Room
If you feel bombarded by nonstop email and overwhelmed by constantly changing priorities, this fun and engaging workshop might be just what you need to learn new ways to approach your work.
The workshop provides breakthrough techniques for managing your time and priorities as well as organizing your to-do lists, email and documents. Goals include learning to:
- Better manage interruptions and stay focused while still being responsive to the needs of your team members.
- Work more strategically instead of working harder, manage competing priorities and better align daily activities with your goals.
- Become invigorated and re-energized in the workplace and elsewhere.
The class is facilitated by Pierre Khawand, who founded People on the Go in 2000 to help business professionals effectively manage the use of email, office applications and other technologies that have sped up the pace of the contemporary workplace.
Enroll through the UCOP Learning Center:
- Log in with your UCOP user name and password.
- Search for the class title.
- Click REGISTER next to the class, then SUBMIT.