Get ready for performance reviews: Classes begin July 9
It’s that time again. Time to start thinking about your performance review for the 2012–13 performance period.
Whether you’re an employee receiving a review or a supervisor writing multiple reviews, UCOP HR Learning and Development is offering courses that provide skills and resources for making the most of the performance review process.
The Performance Management Series offers several half-day workshops that cover the full range of skills managers and supervisors need to maximize the potential of their teams. Classes are coming up in July and August as follows:
Setting Performance Expectations
This course is recommended for all managers and supervisors. It provides a fundamental framework for managing performance by linking strategic goals to key results areas, which are then used to set actionable goals.
- Tuesday, July 9, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 5320 Franklin
- Tuesday, Aug. 6, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 5320 Franklin
Conducting Performance Appraisals
This course provides tools to clearly communicate with an employee about past performance, assess job satisfaction and make plans for future performance and professional development.
- Tuesday, July 23, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 5320 Franklin
- Tuesday, Aug. 20, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 5320 Franklin
Employee Role in Performance Appraisals
Particularly useful for employees, Employee Role in Performance Appraisals is a two-hour course that gives pointers for collaborating with your supervisor, taking an active role in the evaluation process and ensuring that it includes a professional development plan.
Five sessions are scheduled at both the Franklin and Kaiser buildings, as follows:
- Thursday, July 18, 9 to 11 a.m., 10325 Franklin
- Tuesday, July 25, 9 to 11 a.m., 1217 Kaiser
- Wednesday, July 31, 1 to 3 p.m., 5320 Franklin
- Thursday, Aug. 8, 9 to 11 a.m., 1217 Kaiser
- Wednesday, Aug. 14, 1 to 3 p.m., 5320 Franklin
Go to the UC Learning Center to enroll in any of these classes.
- Log in using your user UCOP name and password.
- Search for the class title.
- Click REGISTER next to the class, then SUBMIT.
Find out more on UCOP’s performance management website.