How to schedule and locate events using the new Link
How can you keep up with all the events going on at UCOP, especially when things get busy? Link, UCOP’s e-newsletter, has the answer for you.
Link’s online event calendar provides one centralized place for you to find all the sponsored and public events happening in UCOP’s Oakland locations. And a new feature — the Classes & Workshops page — gives you a list of current workshops offered by HR Learning and Development.
Online event calendar
If you’re not already familiar with the Link online calendar, check out this handy tool to search listings, submit events for posting and set reminders or add items to your own desktop calendar.
- Search events: From the Link site, just click on Calendar at the top of the page, then View Calendar. You can also get there from the bottom of the Upcoming Events boxes on the Link e-postcard or right sidebar on the site (click on View full calendar).
- Submit events: The calendar is the best place to start, not only when you’re looking for events, but also to help you avoid conflicts when you’re scheduling your own events. You can submit postings by clicking Submit Calendar Event in the dropdown (see the Calendar Guidelines if you have questions) or directly from the calendar.
- Set event reminders: You can also add events to your own calendar: Just click on any calendar event and locate the box outlined in red on the right side of the event page. You can use this to email friends or get reminders about events, add an event to your Google or Outlook calendar or share an event via social media.
If you spend a little time exploring, you’ll see that you can search events and display alternative views. The calendar also includes UC Health events and, if you see a mention of UC Berkeley, don’t be confused. The campus has generously allowed us to piggyback on their software for efficiency reasons, so thank you, UC Berkeley.
Classes and Workshops page
UCOP HR Learning and Development every week offers a wide variety of classes and workshops for all levels of employees to build their professional skills.
We have separated this content onto a page of its own to make it easier to locate information about current offerings and find other content in Link.
You can get to the page from the main navigation bar or from the Classes & Workshops box in the right sidebar. The page lists all classes offered for the current month(s) and provides instructions on how to register or cancel your registration as well as a link to the UC Learning Center.
Look for more next week on using Link’s interactive features to communicate directly with the UCOP community. We will also hold two brown bags next month to answer your questions, 12 to 1 p.m., as follows:
- Wednesday, Dec. 4, in 11326 Franklin
- Thursday, Dec. 12, in 1018 Kaiser
Questions? Contact Communications Coordinator Patti Meagher at Patti.Meagher@ucop.edu.