Questions about new postal rates? Mail Services can help
The U.S. Postal Regulatory Commission recently approved a temporary increase in postal rates, which went into effect on Jan. 26, for the next 18 to 24 months.
If you have questions about the new rates or the best way to handle your mailing, contact UCOP Mail services at Mailroom@ucop.edu or call 987-0326.
The postage rate increase affects all classes of service, but these are the most common pieces and the amounts they have increased:
- Letters (1 oz.): increase from 46 to 49 cents
- Letters additional ounces: increase from 20 to 21 cents
- Large envelopes (1 oz.): increase from 92 to 98 cents
- Postcards: increase from 33 to 34 cents
- Nonprofit mail: increase by approximately 2%–5%
Find more information on the U.S. Postal Service website, including the postal explorer, which provides links in the left sidebar for the postage calculator as well as downloadable price lists.