Learn more about undergraduate admissions from UCOP experts
If you or your child are preparing to apply for undergraduate admission to a UC campus in 2015, take advantage of the wealth of helpful information you can learn from our very own UCOP experts in Academic Affairs.
The annual series of brown bag workshops kicks off this week and will continue for several weeks, offering guidance on academic preparation and essential steps leading to UC undergraduate admission.
Sessions take place from 12 to 1 p.m. in the Franklin building, as follows:
Overview of UC Admissions and Transfer Path
Thursday, Oct. 30, 11326 Franklin
- Speaker: Michael Treviño, Director of Undergraduate Admissions
- UC freshman admissions policy, information on the transfer path to UC, what UC campuses look for in making their class selections and available resources to help prospective students
Writing the Application Personal Statement
Friday, Nov. 7, 11326 Franklin
- Speaker: Yvette Gullatt, Vice Provost
- How to approach writing the personal statement for the UC undergraduate application
Paying for College: How to Apply for Financial Aid
Thursday, Nov. 13, 9204 Franklin, and
Paying for College: Education Tax Credits and Deductions
Tuesday, Jan. 20, 9204 Franklin
- Speaker: Nancy Coolidge, Associate Director, Student Financial Support
- Overview of financial aid terms and concepts, including education savings plans, tax credits and deductions, financial aid offers, student loan issues and repayment
Questions are encouraged, so be sure to take advantage of this opportunity to find out more about the UC admissions process.
OP Staff Assembly is sponsoring this event; if you have questions, please contact Juliann Martinez at Juliann.Martinez@ucop.edu.