It’s not too late to join UCOP’s 2015 WorkFit Program
UCOP’s WorkFit program is now well under way, with classes at both Franklin and Kaiser locations and three membership options to accommodate your schedule.
You don’t need to register, just show up! WorkFit instructors can work with any skill level, and family and friends (over age 18) are welcome to join for the same low price.
Three membership options are available:
- Full session membership, at $50, allows you to attend as many classes as you wish at either location through April 23.
- Half session 1, at $30, allows you to attend as many classes as you wish at either location from Jan. 12 through Feb. 26.
- Half session 2, also at $30, runs from March 2 to April 23.
The existing class schedule will continue at both locations. For class schedules, locations and registration links, see the Risk Services Loss Prevention and Control website (see PDFs at bottom of page).
Members will be issued ID cards for the spring session. Starting the week of Jan. 19, be sure to bring your card to each class. Remember that your membership allows you to attend as many classes as you like at either location.
About the classes
- Circuit Training focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance through a series of exercises using items such as weights and stability balls.
- Crazy about Core will help strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
- Stretch and Release is all about stretching techniques (including yoga), trigger-point muscle release and self-massage, all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
- Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
- Zumba is a cardio dance workout to the beat of Latin music.
WorkFit is brought to you by UCOP Risk Services in partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports.
Questions? Contact Veronica Nelson at (510) 987-0786 or email@example.com.