Important information about upcoming changes to the UCOP Time Reporting System
UCOP’s Time Reporting System (TRS) will be upgraded during October and November as part of UCOP’s transition to UCPath later this year. During this time, UCOP employees and managers must submit and approve employee timesheets according to a specific schedule as outlined below. It’s important to note the following about the schedule:
- For certain submissions/approvals, the timeframe is extremely limited.
- Any time submitted/approved in TRS outside of this schedule will not be processed.
- If supervisors will not be available on any of the approval dates, they must make sure a backup supervisor is available to approve timesheets.
- Employees and managers are encouraged to note the schedule in their personal calendars.
Timesheet submission schedules for employees
- By Oct. 9: Submit timesheet for September using the current TRS (normal deadline/process).
- Oct. 1 – Nov. 9: Do not enter any time for October in TRS. (October time will not be processed in TRS during this time.)
- On Nov. 10: Report time for October by 12 p.m. noon in the upgraded TRS.
- By Nov. 8: Submit time for the pay period ending Nov. 7 using the current TRS (normal deadline/process).
- Nov. 8 – Nov. 17: Do not enter time for the pay period 11/8 – 11/21 in TRS. (Any time for the 11/8 – 11/21 pay period reported in the current TRS will not be processed.)
- On Nov. 18: Report time worked and leave taken for the pay period 11/8 – 11/21 by 12 p.m. noon using the upgraded TRS. (Employees will need to project the time worked and leave taken for 11/19 – 11/21; if necessary, corrections may be submitted later.)
Timesheet approval schedule for managers
For monthly employees
- By Oct. 14: Approve timesheets using the current TRS (normal deadline/process).
- On Nov. 10: Approve timesheets by 5 p.m. using the upgraded TRS.
For biweekly employees
- Nov. 9: Approve timesheets using the current TRS (24-hour turnaround).
- On Nov. 18: Approve timesheets by 5 p.m. using the upgraded TRS.
About the upgraded TRS
The upgraded TRS will look and function virtually the same as before, except for two small changes:
- There will be an expanded list of reasons for taking leave to select from.
- Leave balances will no longer be displayed on employee timesheets. Leave balances will be available via UCPath in early December once UCOP has fully transitioned to UCPath.
For questions, please contact the Business Resource Center at BRCPayroll@ucop.edu.