Sexual harassment prevention training required for all UC staff
As part of UC’s efforts to improve prevention of and response to sexual violence and sexual harassment, we have rolled out a comprehensive training program about this issue, to be completed by all UC staff and faculty. Every member of the UC community has a responsibility to make our locations free from sexual violence and sexual harassment. By clearly explaining what is expected of you, this training program will better prepare you to fulfill that obligation.
Effective Jan. 31, 2016, all employees on payroll with active status, regardless of previous training taken, are required to complete training on sexual violence/sexual harassment prevention and response.
- Non-supervisory staff must take this training by May 1, 2016, or within six weeks of beginning work for new hires.
- Faculty and supervisors — who have been required to take such training for several years — will see new, updated content in their training and will maintain their current training schedule.
- Ongoing training for all employees will be required annually.
Employees at UCOP have a choice of two training options:
- A video-based online training delivered through the UC Learning Center. This course should take approximately 50 minutes to complete for non-supervisory staff. Faculty and supervisors will continue to take a separate training course that contains additional legally required content and will last approximately two hours.
- A live presentation. The class mixes serious education and learning with humor, entertainment and spirited discussion as professional actors dramatize real-life scenarios that illustrate both overt and subtle forms of sexual harassment. Participants can ask questions and give advice about any of the vignettes. The actors then respond as their characters, and a lively discussion ensues. Space is limited for the live presentation so sign up early for this session:
DATE: April 21
TIME: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
LOCATION: Franklin Lobby 1
To register for the training:
– Log in to the UC Learning Center
– Type “Sexual Harassment Prevention Training” into the Search box
– Check the session, then click on the Register box and then click Submit
For more information on UC’s efforts to prevent and respond to sexual violence, visit our Sexual Violence Prevention and Response page.