UCOP staff and family members can apply for Global Entry in Oakland
The BRC Travel & Entertainment team is happy to announce that it has opened its October Global Entry mobile enrollment event to both UCOP staff and their family members.
To secure an appointment, UCOP employees and family members must apply online for conditional approval and provide pre-approval information when scheduling an appointment. Keep reading for more information and instructions. The event will be held October 14–18 and October 21–25 in the Oakland Franklin building, room 9115.
What is Global Entry?
Similar to TSA Pre✓, Global Entry expedites airline passenger security screenings. Global Entry can be used within the U.S. and in many international airports. Members enter through automatic Global Entry kiosks at select airports where they present their machine-readable passport (or U.S. permanent resident card), scan their fingerprints and complete a customs declaration. The kiosk issues a transaction receipt and directs the traveler to baggage claim and the exit.
Global Entry benefits
- No processing lines
- No paperwork
- Access to expedited entry benefits in other countries
- Available at major U.S. airports
- Reduced wait times
- TSA Pre✓ Eligibility
Global Entry application steps
- Make sure you are eligible for Global Entry
- Complete an online application for conditional approval (This is required to secure an appointment at the UCOP event.)
- Pay a one-time application fee of $100.00
- Complete your interview (approximately 15 minutes)
- U.S. Customs and Border Patrol process your application
- Access is approved for five years for domestic and international travel
Apply for Global Entry
- Create a Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) account
Go to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website. Select “Get Started” and agree to the terms and conditions. Select “Continue”, “Create an Account” and enter your email address. (We suggest using a personal email address.) Follow the steps to create a password and verify your account.
- Complete your Global Entry application
Once you have created your TTP account, the page will direct you to the application process. Log in to your TTP account to complete the application. A $100 non-refundable fee will be required to complete and submit your application.
- Alert the BRC team (first email)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let the BRC team know that you have registered for the Mobile Enrollment Global Entry event and are awaiting conditional approval. Use the subject line, “Registered for Mobile Enrollment Global Entry Event | Your Full Name.” Please include the date you registered in the body of the email.
- Await a review by Customs Border Patrol (CBP)
After accepting your completed application and fee, CBP will review your application and notify you of the results. If your application is conditionally approved, you will receive your enrollment ID number and be instructed to schedule an interview.
- Request an interview (second email)
Once you receive your approval and enrollment ID number, email email@example.com. Use the subject line, “Conditional Approval Received | Your Full Name.” The body of the email should include your enrollment number and the following: “Please contact me to set up an appointment for the Global Entry event. My enrollment ID number is XXX.”
- Schedule your interview
A BRC team member will contact you by phone to schedule your appointment. Phone calls will be made in the order the emails are received. BRC staff cannot guarantee that appointments for UCOP employees and family members will be scheduled together, but will do their best to accommodate you. If you wish to have an assistant coordinate your appointment, please include their contact information in your appointment request.
- Confirm your appointment
The BRC team member will follow up with a confirmation email, noting the date and time of your appointment. Respond to this email to confirm your appointment.
- Attend your appointment
Bring your valid passport(s) and one other form of identification, such as a driver’s license or ID card to the interview. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your machine-readable permanent resident card.
- Submit your application ASAP. Conditional approval can take weeks or months to approve, depending on the background check. It is valid for one year after your approval date.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel a scheduled appointment. Appointments can be rescheduled before September 20, depending on availability.
- There are no waiting lists. Appointments will be made in the order the email is received.
- If you are unable to attend the event at UCOP, you can also visit the Global Entry office at the San Francisco International Airport — no appointment is necessary.
- Due to time, equipment and space constraints, interviews will take place in pairs, in the same conference room, in 9115.
- This event is strictly limited to UCOP employees and their families.
- Each interview is approximately 15 minutes long and will be scheduled each day between 9 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. No interviews will be scheduled between 12:00-12:45 p.m.
Questions? Contact: email@example.com.Tags: Global Entry, oakland