Keep summer going with local July events
Let the fun times continue this July by adding some unique local events to your calendar. Here are our top picks for activities at every UCOP location.
Know of something fun that’s not listed here? Share it with your coworkers in the comments!
- FoodieLand Night Market (July 5-7): Located at Golden Gate Fields in Berkeley, this Asian-inspired street food festival is the perfect outdoor event. Enjoy authentic multi-cultural cuisines, as well as beverages and desserts to please your palette. This must-attend event for foodies is inspired by night markets across Asia.
- Urban Air Market (July 21): This pop-up marketplace for sustainable design returns to the Oakland Hive. Support local artisans and designers selling hand-made, high-quality and sustainable goods. Urban Air Market is free to attend for all ages.
- Our Country 4th of July Spectacular (July 4): Enjoy a full day of 4th of July activities, including musical performances from Smash Mouth and others, rides, artisan food vendors, art installations and fireworks to cap off the night.
- Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre (July 19): Immerse yourself in the mystery of “Best Laid Plans,” a classic Hollywood whodunnit. Use your sleuthing skills to examine clues and mingle with suspects to deduce the culprit as you feast on a killer three-course meal.
- Sac Seafood & BBQ Festival at the RiverFest (July 6): Legendary R&B band, the Dazz Band, headlines the Sac Seafood & BBQ Festival. Featuring two stages of soul, blues, zydeco, reggae and rock, the Seafood & BBQ Festival will have added selections of seafood and barbecue, as well as inflatable rides for kids and other entertainment.
- Sactown Wings 2019 (July 28): The 6th annual Sactown Wings, Sacramento’s chicken wing festival, will feature music, games, craft beer, refreshments and thousands of chicken wings. There will also be a kid zone area with inflatables, face painting and more.
- 4th of July Fireworks on the National Mall (July 4): Independence Day festivities will culminate with a spectacular fireworks display over the National Mall. Launched from West Potomac Park, the fireworks will be visible from many locations throughout D.C. and Northern Virginia.
- America’s Best Brew Fest (July 20): Attend this celebration of the best brews from across the country, as well as amazing wines and ciders, music, arts, food and more. Your own tasting glass gets you access to more than 80 carefully selected craft beers. There will also be amazing food options from D.C.’s best food trucks, live music and many outdoor games and activities.
Planning to attend another fun, local event? Tell your coworkers about it in the comments!Tags: community, DC, events, oakland, riverside, Sacramento