10-Second Bio: Matt Hawk, lawyer, MTV actor and theatre geek

Matt Hawk

Matt Hawk

Name: Matt Hawk 

Title: Senior Counsel, Construction 

Department: Office of the General Counsel 

Location: Oakland 

Started: May 31, 2019 

What I do for OP in five words or less: Assist campuses with construction matters 

The best part about working for OP: So far, it’s the people. I came from a large law firm where people were generally stressed out and not always friendly or outgoing. It’s been amazing how genuine everyone is here in their desire to get to know you and share their passion for working for OP. After 16 years, it’s a breath of fresh air to see smiling faces all day long! 

Something you don’t know about me: I’ll give you three fun facts: 

1. I was involved in musical theatre all the way through my graduation from UC Irvine (Zot Zot). Don’t ask me to sing now… it’s been 20 years!
  2. I was on a bunch of MTV shows in the mid-90s and ended up in a calendar shoot with Carmen Electra for the show Singled Out. (No, you won’t find it on the internet — I’ve tried.)
  3. My last big case before joining OP was representing the general contractor who built the Millennium Tower — the allegedly sinking/leaning tower of San Francisco. 

One weird fact about the town I grew up in: I had to look this one up. Walnut Creek, California, has two sister cities: Noceto, Italy, and Siofok, Hungary. Who knew?  

If I could have any job in the world (besides the one I have now), I would be: Either a high school teacher (civics) or a comedy writer/actor on a show like the Daily Show. 

Tags: , ,