Link: UCOP's e-newsletter

Stay Informed. Stay Connected.

10-Second Bio: Ian Larue, seventh-generation Oaklander

Seventh-generation Oaklander Ian Larue wears an Oaklandish hoodie while visiting the Oakland Zoo. “It doesn’t get more Oakland than this!” he says.

Meet Compensation Analyst Ian Larue, a seventh-generation Oaklander and second-generation UC employee!

Name: Ian Larue

Title: Compensation Analyst

Department/Unit: Local HR

Location: Franklin Building, Oakland

When I started working at UCOP: September 2019

What I do in 5 words or less: Help set fair, equitable pay

Best part about working for OP: The people, for sure. I have been so impressed with everyone I’ve met here.

Something you don’t know about me: I’m a second-generation UC employee after my father, who worked in molecular & cell biology at Berkeley for over 30 years. My UC roots go even deeper than that — my grandparents famously met at a Bears football game back in the 1940s.

One weird fact about the town I grew up in: My family has lived in my hometown of Oakland for seven generations! Family lore (and a fair bit of genealogical research) holds that during the Gold Rush era my ancestors opened the first general store in Oakland.

If I could have any job in the world (besides the one I have now), I would be: A voice actor for film and video games.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 10-Second Bio is one of Link’s most popular features, and for a good reason.

We all like to learn about our colleagues — what they do and enjoy about working at UCOP and what makes them tick. If you’ve never submitted a bio, we invite you to do so. It only takes a few minutes and it’s an easy, fun way for us all to get to know the people we work with.

Submit your 10-Second Bio to Link!

Tags: ,

Leave your comment here