Five great reasons to try Take Charge
If you’re an administrative, support or entry-level staff member who’s ready to take your career to the next level, hurry! The deadline for the five-month Take Charge professional development cohort is Dec. 13.
Five reasons to Take Charge
Here are five great reasons to check out this transformational, free opportunity to gain the tools and techniques you need to manage and direct your career.
- Get personalized professional advice from seasoned coaches. Take Charge is led by Vanessa George, M.B.A., and Amy Levine, Ph.D. George is associate director of graduate career management at the University of San Francisco’s School of Management and a certified executive career coach. Levine, who previously served as executive director of the UC San Francisco Center for Gender Equity, is a certified leadership coach.
- Learn relevant, real-world skills. Take Charge helps you build skills you can use both today and in the future. Excel in your current role by learning self-advocacy, negotiation and managing up. Get ready for your next move with resources around career planning, resume writing and interviewing.
- Connect with like-minded peers. One of the best ways to excel in your career is by building supportive relationships with peers throughout the organization. Build relationships with fellow attendees who you can call upon for support throughout the years to come.
- Get strategies for working better. Even if you’d like to stay in your current role, Take Charge will help you discover more job satisfaction, as you seek and pursue growth opportunities, and find ways to optimize your position.
- It’s free. Yep, you heard that right. UCOP absorbs the costs for your participation, which means you’ll get top-notch training without top-tier pricing. Take advantage of this amazing opportunity today!
Learn more and participate
To learn more about Take Charge:
- Attend an information session on Monday, Dec. 9, from 12:15-1 p.m. Register now.
- Read the program overview
- Review the frequently asked questions
The deadline to apply for the January-May 2020 cohort is 5 p.m. on December 13. Download the application. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance by late December.
Questions? Please contact UCOP Learning and Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.Tags: leadership development, professional development, Take Charge