Hurry: Nominate colleagues for 2020 OPSA awards by Friday
The OP Staff Assembly is pleased to announce that nominations are now open for the 2020 Staff Appreciation Awards! Share your appreciation for a colleague who regularly inspires you by nominating them for OP-wide recognition. Nominations are open through 5 p.m. on Friday, March 20.
Culture Creator Award
This award recognizes a UCOP staff member who demonstrates a commitment to being supportive and inclusive of all colleagues; who makes substantial contributions towards making UCOP a welcoming, equitable, diverse and community-focused workplace; who is forward-thinking; and who works to foster and support a culture of excellence and collaboration.
Eligibility: All full-time, non-faculty, career staff members at UCOP
- Enhances colleagues’ workplace experience: Regularly organizes or volunteers for staff events; identifies and addresses staff needs that are otherwise unmet.
- Encourages cross-departmental fellowship: Outside of job-specific duties, fosters dialogue between colleagues by organizing events and through proactive communication; creates opportunities for community-building and collaboration.
- Fosters equity, diversity and inclusivity: Organizes and/or participates in events or forums to support equity, diversity and inclusivity. Serves as a role model in treating all colleagues with respect and dignity. Finds opportunities to create a welcoming culture for all.
- Supports staff affinity groups: Volunteers, holds leadership roles within and/or regularly attends meetings of OPSA and other affinity groups that enhance the staff experience.
- Engages in systemwide initiatives that impact staff: Serves on a systemwide committee; actively participates in multi-campus initiatives.
Staff Advocacy and Culture Award for Senior Leadership
This award recognizes a UCOP senior leader who consistently goes above and beyond their assigned duties in support of UCOP staff, demonstrating a commitment to and encouragement for equity, diversity, inclusivity and community.
Eligibility: UCOP senior leadership (AVP-level and above)
- Enhances the UCOP staff experience: Creates and attends programs to recognize staff successes; attends staff-organized events, such as socials, lectures, open houses, etc.; creates opportunities for community-building and collaboration beyond job-specific role.
- Encourages staff presence in decision-making and leadership: Creates opportunities to include staff in chancellors’ advisory committees, search committees for executive positions, etc.
- Engages in regular staff communication: Hosts town halls, brown bag lunches or other staff-focused events; proactively communicates with staff through available vehicles.
- Fosters equity, diversity and inclusivity: Organizes and/or participates in events or forums to support equity, diversity and inclusivity. Serves as a role model in treating all staff with respect and dignity. Finds opportunities to create a welcoming culture for all.
- Supports staff affinity groups: Volunteers to participate in staff affinity group events; provides expertise and guidance to affinity groups; advocates for staff affinity groups within UCOP.
- Considers staff perspectives in systemwide initiatives: Proactively considers how decisions might affect staff and serves as a staff advocate on a systemwide level.
This award recognizes a UCOP staff member who has gone beyond their day-to-day responsibilities in upholding UC’s mission of teaching, research and public service by overcoming an obstacle or finding an impactful collaborative solution to an interdepartmental challenge. Recipients consistently exhibit a positive and influential impact on their work environment and foster cooperation and collaboration while carrying out their responsibilities.
Eligibility: All UCOP employees
- Models professional integrity: Demonstrates a strong work ethic; stays focused on what is important; works efficiently and effectively; takes personal responsibility for projects and tasks.
- Pursues professional growth: Produces results under challenging circumstances and changing environments; sets and achieves stretch goals for themselves.
- Embraces initiative: Regularly looks for opportunities to be proactive and/or exceed expectations; doesn’t shy away from tough challenges; volunteers and enthusiastically takes part in university events and programs.
- Is future-focused: Envisions and seeks to grow their skills and knowledge for the betterment of their team and the university; is a positive team player within the department or work group.
- Demonstrates commitment to UC: Demonstrates their personal investment in the university’s success; is an ambassador for the university as an employer.
Nominations are open through 5 p.m. on Friday, March 20.Tags: awards, OPSA, staff appreciation