New timekeeping codes for COVID-19 leave
The Time Reporting System (TRS) has been updated to include full functionality when reporting COVID-19-related leaves with additional choices now available for you to enter.
- Paid Leave (COVID-19) – Use when you’re taking UC Expanded Paid Administrative Leave (PAL)
- Emerg EE (Emerg Sick Leave Emp) and Emerg FM (Emerg Sick Family) – Use if you’re on an HR-approved FFCRA Emergency Paid Sick Leave (EPSL)
- Exp FML (Expanded FML) – Use if you’re on an HR-approved FFCRA Expanded Family and Medical Leave (FML)
If you need to request Emergency Paid Sick Leave (EPSL) and/or Expanded Family and Medical Leave (EFML), complete this form and contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cannot enter your time while on leave, your manager will work with Payroll to ensure your timesheets are coded accurately.
Regular time reporting reminders
- Employees are required to take rest and meal breaks in full compliance with all applicable policies or collective bargaining agreements, even if they are working remotely.
- Vacation, sick leave and other types of leave should be properly recorded in TRS.
- You should continue to record and approve time by the regularly scheduled dates and times.
- You or your supervisor are responsible for making sure that time is recorded properly and correct TRS pay codes are being used.
If you have questions as you fill out your next timesheet, please reach out to our Payroll team at email@example.com.Tags: COVID-19, paid leave, timekeeping