Coronavirus information course now required for all UCOP staff
Although most UCOP staff continue to work remotely, a limited number of us are working on-site, and others need to visit the office as part of the Oakland moves or to pick up equipment. Making sure we all are following public-health guidance and requirements — and doing everything possible to keep ourselves and each other healthy — is of utmost importance. This is a shared responsibility; each one of us plays an important role in supporting a healthy workplace.
As part of our comprehensive approach for how and when we return to on-site operations, every staff member is required to complete a new course – UCOP Guidance on Coronavirus and On-site Operations. This course will help you:
- Act to reduce the spread of coronavirus, and to reduce the risk that staff working on-site will contract the disease
- Know what to expect at UCOP offices
- Understand and follow all UCOP COVID-19 protocols at home and in UCOP buildings
The course, which includes knowledge checks, will cover five key components of our shared responsibilities:
- Symptom screening – Complete UCOP Screen before coming to a UCOP building.
- Physical distancing – Maintain a 6-ft. distance from colleagues.
- Face coverings – Wear face coverings at all times to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Hygiene and sanitation – Wash your hands and clean surfaces regularly.
- Culture and personal accountability – We must all hold ourselves personally accountable for our own and our colleagues’ safety.
Key dates and information
- All staff will automatically be enrolled. You will receive an email from the UC Learning Center with the course link. You can also access the course directly here.
- If you are currently working on-site in a UCOP building and/or planning to come to the office as part of an office move or for another reason, we recommend you complete the course as soon as possible.
- Every staff member must complete the course by Aug. 31, 2020.
For more information about UCOP’s coronavirus response, including essential COVID-19-related staff updates, visit ucop.edu/coronavirus. If you have additional questions, please contact UCOP-COVID19-Response@UCOP.edu.Tags: COVID-19, UCOP Screen