Link: UCOP's e-newsletter

Stay Informed. Stay Connected.

Attend a Nov. 4 post-election listening session

The outcome of the presidential election, whoever wins or loses, is likely to have a significant emotional impact on many of us. To help support the UCOP community in dealing with the aftermath of the election, we will be holding an optional hour-long listening section on Wednesday, Nov. 4, from 10-11 a.m. This non-partisan session will give interested staff an opportunity to share their feelings and debrief their election experience in a supportive, collegial atmosphere.

Join us via Zoom: https://UCOP.zoom.us/j/5109870603
Meeting ID: 510 987 0603

More about the listening session and post-election support

Who will facilitate the session?
Paula Trejo-Phillips, Psy.D., a counselor for the UCOP and UCSF Faculty and Staff Assistance Programs (FSAP), will lead the session. Her specialty areas include post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, depression, multiculturalism, coping with chronic medical illness and end-of-life issues.

My political opinions don’t tend to align with my colleagues’ — is it OK for me to come to the session?
Yes. This is a non-partisan session. All participants will be expected to share their feelings in a respectful and nonconfrontational way that aligns with UCOP’s Principles of Community.

I need more personalized support. What should I do?
Please contact UCOP FSAP to book a confidential individual appointment. All UC health plans also offer mental health and counseling services.

I’m a people manager and would like to facilitate an additional conversation within my team. Do you have any advice?
Yes. Please download the following documents for assistance:

For questions regarding the listening session, please contact Nancy Pluzdrak or Francesca Galarraga.

Tags: ,

Leave your comment here