Video: In conversation with UC’s 2020 Nobel Prize winners
The live portion may be over, but you can still catch our recording of “In conversation: UC’s 2020 Nobel Prize winners on changing the world through scientific discovery”!
Celebrate the University of California’s newest Nobel laureates and hear their reflections on the value of scientific discovery and its momentous impact on society. The discussion highlights the role of research in understanding our world, improving our quality of life and informing critical public policy decisions. Learn how UC is cultivating a culture of opportunity and discovery, supporting women in science and fostering the next generation of innovators.
This event features:
- Michael V. Drake, M.D., President, University of California
- John A. Pérez, Chair of the UC Board of Regents
Honoring UC’s four 2020 Nobel Prize winners:
- Jennifer Doudna, Professor, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, UC Berkeley
- Reinhard Genzel, Professor Emeritus of Physics, UC Berkeley, and Director of the Max Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics
- Andrea Ghez, Professor, Physics and Astronomy, UCLA
- Charles Rice, UC Davis Alumnus and Professor of Virology, The Rockefeller University