New learning opportunity: Gain leadership skills at UCOP
UCOP cares about the growth of our developing leaders. That is why UCOP Learning and Development is launching the UCOP Aspiring Leaders Development (ALD) Program. This program is based on research-based practice focused on key skills that differentiate effective leaders including resilience, communication, prioritization and feedback skills. The good news is that you don’t have to be in a formal leadership role to begin using them! The ALD Program will rapidly equip you with these skills to apply immediately.
Facilitated by our valued vendor LifeLabs Learning, the ALD Program is an experiential professional development opportunity offered to UCOP staff who are interested in exploring leadership roles and career development. The purpose is to provide employees with opportunities to learn leadership skills without having a formal leadership position.
Participants will take five two-hour virtual workshops (one per week for four weeks in March, then a practice intensive three months later). Topics include: Adaptivity & Resilience, Influential Communication, Feedback Skills, Productivity & Prioritization, and Career Growth. All sessions will take place via Zoom.
Open to all UCOP staff (career, contract or represented) who:
- Have served at UCOP for at least one year
- Have a rating of “meets expectations” or above on their most recent performance evaluation
- Be able to commit to the program with full attendance and participation at all sessions
- Have the support of their supervisor
- Show dedication to professional growth
- Represent the diversity of UCOP
- Individual contributor not serving in a supervisory role
Applications are due by Feb. 16, 2021. Once a participant completes the application, an approval and recommendation form will be automatically sent to their supervisor.
This program is sponsored by UCOP HR and is free for all participants.
Program application and dates
- The application deadline is Feb. 16. The cohort will be a maximum of 30 people. Apply online here.
- The Supervisor Approval Form must be submitted by Feb. 16. Supervisors will be sent this form automatically once each participant has completed the application.
- Workshops are held Wednesdays from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.:
- March 3, 10, 17 & 24
- June 23
For more information, please attend a 30-minute information session. Several dates and times are available. Register for an informational session.Tags: leadership development, professional development, UCOP ALD Program