LaSA announces the second annual Cesar Chavez Virtual Activity Challenge
For the second year in a row, the UCOP Latino Staff Association (LaSA) is hosting a Cesar Chavez Commemorative Virtual Activity Challenge, taking place from Feb. 7 – March 31, 2022.
This event remembers and honors Cesar Chavez leading farmworkers on a peaceful 300-mile march from Delano to Sacramento to raise awareness of the farmworkers’ plight. All participants are asked to make a donation, which will support the LaSA scholarship fund benefitting UC Latinx students.
How to participate: 3 easy steps
Step 1: Choose how to participate
- Decide if you’d like to participate as an individual or team
- Choose a team name.
- Choose an activity to symbolize the 300 miles that Chavez and farmworkers marched:
- 300-mile challenge – Run, walk, hike or bike
- 3-mile run/walk/hike/bike
- 30 activity challenge — Make an effort to get some movement every day, such as gardening, standing or sitting yoga or exercise, playing with children or pets, washing your car or cleaning, etc. (This option is great for those who are unable to walk, run or bike!)
Step 2: Register and make a voluntary donation
- Register online here.
- A $30 donation is suggested per individual; please send your donation via Venmo to @ucoplasa.
Step 3: Track and report your progress
- The activity challenge will take place from Feb. 7- March 31, 2022
- Download a tracking form (MS Excel). Choose the tab that reflects your activity (individual mileage, team mileage or non-mileage activities). On March 31, email your completed form along with any photos of your participation to email@example.com.
We are striving to make the activities accessible for all levels of ability. For questions or to request accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Tags: Cesar Chavez Virtual Activity Challenge, LaSA