APISA special event will address representation in UC leadership
On Wednesday, April 13, the Asian Pacific Islander Staff Association (APISA) will present a special panel discussion: AAPIs in UC Leadership — Challenges and Opportunities.
All UCOP staff are invited to join distinguished panelists for a conversation about the under-representation of Asian-Americans and Pacific-Islanders in leadership positions at UC and potential solutions to this challenge.
Featured speakers include:
- Priya Lakireddey, Staff Advisor to the Regents – Designate
- Patricia Nguyễn, Director, Systemwide Alumni Engagement
- Robert Teranishi, Professor of Social Science and Comparative Education, Morgan and Helen Chu Endowed Chair in Asian American Studies, UCLA
- Lucy Tseng, Staff Advisor to the Regents
- What: AAPIs in UC Leadership — Challenges and Opportunities
- When: April 13, 12:00 to 1:30 p.m. (PT)
- Zoom: https://UCOP.zoom.us/j/5336808316
– Dial: (669) 900-6833
– Meeting ID: 533 680 8316
Download an event flyer (Word doc). For questions, contact Tony.Yang@ucop.edu or Benjamin.Tsai@ucop.edu.
The Asian and Pacific Islander Staff Association (APISA) promotes and enhances the well-being of Asian, Asian American and Pacific Islander staff, faculty and students through active participation and representation in the affairs at UCOP and the community at large. We sponsor activities that foster understanding and community building about Asian, Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.Tags: APISA, Lucy Tseng, Patricia Nguyễn, Priya Lakireddey, Robert Teranishi