Apply today for PACSW’s women’s leadership course
The President’s Advisory Committee on the Status of Women (PACSW) is pleased to sponsor the popular course, Making Power Moves: Women and Leadership.
About Making Power Moves
Making Power Moves is an exceptional career development opportunity for women and women-identifying individuals who manage people or projects. The course is designed expressly for UCOP staff and sessions reflect the unique UCOP environment. Through a mixture of lectures, discussion and interactive exercises course participants will learn to:
- Navigate their personal professional advancement with grace and poise
- Develop coaching techniques to empower their own supervisees and delegate with clarity and confidence
- Assess organizational politics in order to put their best foot forward in the workplace
- Assess the state of their professional networks and learn the secret about networking as a vehicle to make connections that truly count
- Prepare to negotiate, build a case, present a request and clinch the deal
- Successfully think and speak extemporaneously
- Help others recognize their value in the workplace and create a successful relationship with leadership
- Enhance leadership skills by focusing on successes rather than mistakes
- Dates: Held every Wednesday, Jan. 18 – March 22, 2023
- Time: 4 to 7 p.m. (PT)
- Location: Virtual, via Zoom
- Cost: $1,000 for 10 sessions
Space is limited to only 16 participants. Seats will be given in the order in which registration and payment are received. The registration deadline is Dec. 13, 2022.
About the instructor
Amy Levine, Ed.D., is a certified leadership coach, educator and consultant with over 30 years’ experience working with individuals and groups to assist them in reaching their goals. Levine is an expert on topics concerning women in society and is dedicated to addressing issues of ethnic diversity, sexual orientation, age and ability. She earned her doctorate in education from UC Berkeley and holds a master’s degree in counseling psychology.