Oakland staff: Help us prepare office spaces for April 3
With the April 3 Future of Work (FOW) phase 2 implementation date around the corner, UCOP Operations is taking steps to prepare the office and are asking for staff’s help.
UCOP Operations created an FOW Operational Workstream that is comprised of Building Administrative Services Center (BASC) and IT Client Services (ITCS) leads. They are conducting quality assurance (QA) checks throughout the Franklin-Broadway campus to make sure that:
- Workspace and conference room technology, furniture and peripherals are present and operational
- Standard office and kitchen supplies are stocked
- Adequate hoteling space is available
You may have already and will continue to see members from the BASC and ITCS teams conducting visual inventory and operational checks throughout the month of March to ensure our space is fully equipped and operational. This includes:
- Assigned and occupied workstations and offices
- Newly assigned workstations and offices
- Empty checkerboard workstations
- Hoteling workspaces
- Conference rooms, huddle rooms and focus rooms (including those currently offline due to Fire Marshal orders)
While BASC and ITCS teams conduct the QA checks, they ask the following of Oakland colleagues:
- Do not move to new workstations or offices without talking to your division’s chief of staff. Moving spaces without approval will disrupt the QA process and impact operational preparation (e.g., the directory will be out of date, your work space could be designated as a hoteling space, etc.).
- Do not remove equipment, furniture or name/cubicle numbers from hoteling or empty workspaces. Removing these items from workspaces that have already been signed off on will invalidate the QA process and make it difficult for us to ensure that all colleagues will have the resources they need.
- If you have an existing workspace, you will receive on your desk a list of equipment and furniture that should be in your workspace. If anything is missing from your workpace, use the contact information provided on the checklist to report it. Please do not take missing items from other workspaces.
In addition, the Operational Workstream will:
- Add new hoteling workspaces (cubicles and offices) and conference rooms to the Event Management System (EMS)
- Stock supply cabinets with standard UCOP-issued supplies
- Ensure lactation rooms are operational
- Equip focus rooms with monitors and peripherals (targeted completion in April)
If you have questions about the Operational Workstream activities, please email UCOP-FutureofWork@ucop.edu. Thank you for your cooperation as we work to set up everyone for success in their new spaces.Tags: FOW, oakland, supplies, workspace