UCOP COVID-19 protocol reminders
As we settle into Future of Work Phase 2 and continue to be mindful of COVID-19, it’s important to follow the COVID-19 protocols that are still in place as more of our UCOP community returns on-site.
The COVID-19 testing policy for employees and contractors who are on-site for more than one hour is as follows.
- If you are fully vaccinated, you are required to test on your first day back on-site after any break from being on-site (such as the weekend or vacation) and then every other day thereafter if you are working on-site for more than one day.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you are required to test each day that you are on-site for more than one hour.
UCOP employees and contractors (except UCDC) can request COVID-19 tests by completing the UCOP COVID-19 Testing Program – Pick-up Request Smartsheet.
Test pick-up locations and hours (Monday – Friday)
• Location: Work Management Center (pass the Franklin lobby near the Broadway-Franklin building interchange)
• Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• Location: Security desk
• Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Location/hours: Contact Kelley.Ogden@ucop.edu for pick-up details and coordination
• Location: Main lobby Security desk
• Hours: 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
UCOP prefers that everyone test at home prior to entering UCOP facilities; however, each UCOP location has a designated testing area for UCOP employees who forget to test at home or have not picked up a test supply. If you test on-site, you must wait 15 minutes for your test result prior to entering workspaces or meeting areas.
Locations and hours for on-site testing (Monday – Friday)
- Oakland: Lobby 2, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Riverside: First-floor conference room, 8 – 10 a.m.
- Sacramento: Back kitchen alcove, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Washington, D.C.: Multi-purpose room A, 6 a.m. – 9 p.m.
All employees, contractors, vendors and visitors are still required to complete the UCOP/UCDC COVID-19 Screening Survey daily before coming on-site for any reason or length of time, prior to being admitted to any UCOP building. The daily screening survey helps us monitor the health of our employees and track any potential exposures. Bookmark the Coronavirus updates for UCOP webpage for links to the UCOP/UCDC screening surveys.
While masks are strongly recommended, but no longer required in UCOP facilities, masks continue to be available at all locations. It’s important to remember that one-way masking using an N95, KN95 or approved surgical mask provides protection for you, even when others are not wearing masks. If you’d like people to wear masks when they visit or meet with you, you may post this mask request poster outside your workspace.COVID-19, COVID-19 testing, UCOP Screen