Explore implicit bias with your UCOP colleagues
If you’ve taken the UC Managing Implicit Bias series and would like to go deeper on exploring your own understanding of implicit bias, its impact and what you can do to prevent it, join us for a deep dive!
Taking place on Tuesday, May 30, from 1 – 3 p.m. (PT), Managing Implicit Bias, Extending your Learning will give you an opportunity to discuss challenges and strategies for managing implicit bias; get a greater understanding of your own implicit biases; and learn how to promote equity, diversity and inclusion wherever you are.
Together, we will explore and reflect upon questions such as:
- What are our unique biases, and how can we be more mindful when it comes to making decisions that may be influenced by them?
- How do we consciously de-bias our thinking?
- How will it benefit me to know when I am engaged in implicit bias?
- How can I apply what I have learned?
- How can I commit to continued exploration of my own biases?
Note that you must take all classes in the UC Managing Implicit Bias series prior to registering for this class.
About the UC Managing Implicit Bias series
Managing Implicit Bias, a six-course Systemwide Talent Management online series, helps to demystify the concept of implicit bias, explaining what it is, how it affects us, why it’s important to counter it and more. Exploring our own biases is an important part of self-development, team development and building a strong workplace culture. Learn more about what implicit bias is and what to expect in this self-paced series.
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Tags: anti-racism, implicit bias, professional development