Vote in the 2023 UCRS Advisory Board staff election
Six UC employees are running for two open staff seats on the UC Retirement System (UCRS) Advisory Board. The Board meets three times each year to discuss issues pertaining to UC’s retirement plans and shares ideas with UC Office of the President leaders.
Elections opened on May 22 for two new representatives. Active, eligible UC Retirement Plan (UCRP) members and Savings Choice participants in the Defined Contribution Plans who are not members of the Academic Senate are invited to vote. The voting period runs through June 16 at 5 p.m. (PT).
- Jake Banfield-Weir, UC San Diego Health
- Angela Clark, UC Office of the President
- Anh Pham, UC Irvine
- Gretchen Verdugo, UC Irvine
- David Yamada, UCLA Health
- Ruth Zolayvar, UC San Diego Health
How to cast a ballot
The voting process is administered by YesElections, a third-party vendor. Employees eligible to vote will receive an email at their UC email address with a personal identification number (PIN) and a direct link to the YesElections voting site. The first email was sent on May 22. Reminders will go out on June 5 and June 14. To help identify the email:
- The email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org but will show “UC Retirement System” as the sender
- The subject line will read “Vote for two new staff representatives – UC Retirement System”
If you did not receive the May 22 email, check your junk folder.
Final election results will be posted on the UCRS Advisory Board election website by the end of June.
About the UCRS Advisory Board
The 11-member UCRS Advisory Board is comprised of a cross-section of the university community. In addition to the two seats held by elected staff representatives, the board includes members of the president’s executive cabinet, faculty appointed by the UC Academic Senate, and representatives of the Council of UC Emeriti Associations and Council of UC Retiree Associations.
The Advisory Board discusses issues relating to all members, retirees and their beneficiaries for the following plans:
- University of California Retirement Plan (UCRP)
- Tax-Deferred 403(b) Plan
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
- Defined Contribution Plan
For voting assistance, contact email@example.com.Tags: election, UC Retirement System, UCRS advisory board