Summer 2014 WorkFit program resumes; try it for free this week
Just in time to get you in shape for summer, UCOP’s WorkFit program returns this week and you can try it for free all week. You don’t even need to register. Just show up in your workout clothes.
WorkFit instructors can accommodate any skill level and any movement restrictions, so don’t hesitate to check it out.
Three membership options are offered, each of which allows you to take unlimited classes at either Franklin or Kaiser for the duration of the session:
- Full summer session ($50) from May 12 through Aug. 21
- First half-session ($30) from May 12 through June 26
- Second half-session ($30) from June 30 through Aug. 21
Family and friends (over age 18) are welcome to join for the same low price.
For registration information and complete class schedules at both Franklin and Kaiser, see the links at the bottom of the Risk Services home page.
About the classes
- Circuit Training focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance through a series of exercises using weights, stability balls and other equipment.
- Crazy about Core will help strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
- Stretch and Release is all about stretching techniques, including yoga, trigger-point muscle release and self-massage, all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
- Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
- Zumba is a cardio dance workout to the beat of Latin music.
WorkFit is brought to you by UCOP Risk Services in partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports.
Questions? Contact Janine Crocker at (510) 987-9882 or email@example.com.