Deadline this Friday for declaring your candidacy for OP Staff Assembly
Have you ever thought about running for OP Staff Assembly Steering Committee, the all-volunteer group that works to foster communication between staff and leadership?
If so, now is the time to act. The steering committee is seeking staff members to run for six open seats. All career staff are eligible to be candidates in the election, which will be held from Monday, June 16, through Friday June 27.
Here are just a handful of OP Staff Assembly’s many accomplishments this year:
- They oversaw the Staff Engagement Initiative, forming several working groups to investigate results of the 2012 survey and recommend improvements.
- In partnership with Communications, they cosponsored the Nov. 7, 2013, town hall with President Janet Napolitano, her first formal appearance before the UCOP community.
- They hosted brown bags and fun social activities like the April 18, 2013, open mic poetry reading to celebrate National Poetry Month.
- To celebrate Earth Day, they organized and sponsored a wide range of activities, including a fair, recycling drive and volunteer cleanup day at Lake Merritt.
The term is two years, beginning July 1, 2014, and the required time commitment is a minimum of one hour per month at the lunchtime monthly meeting. But there are opportunities to take on larger responsibilities, including planning programs and projects or doing communications. It’s a good idea for you to discuss the time commitment with your supervisor.
More details on the election and how to vote will be announced in Link in the coming weeks.
The OP Staff Assembly is affiliated with the Council of UC Staff Assemblies (CUCSA), the systemwide staff group that works on behalf of all staff within and across the UC community.
- Friday, June 6: Deadline to submit candidacy forms
- June 16 to 27: Election period for online voting