Open Enrollment 2019: Good news and new options
Open Enrollment is coming soon — beginning at 8 a.m., Thursday, Oct. 25 and ending at 5 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 20 — with good news about premium costs, important changes to domestic partner eligibility and Health Net Blue & Gold, and a brand new benefit: pet insurance.
You’ll enroll for benefits online on UCPath this year — choose your location from the dropdown on the Open Enrollment website, and you’ll see a link to UCPath.
Your Open Enrollment website and booklet will be available the week of Oct. 22, with all of the details about your options and costs, and what’s changing in 2019.
The Open Enrollment preview on UCnet offers a first look at this year’s changes. Here are a few highlights:
- Continued low costs — Most faculty and staff will see medical plan premium increases of less than $6 per month. UC will continue to adjust premiums by pay level to ensure costs are distributed fairly, and to offer dental and vision plans for you and your family at no cost to faculty and staff.
- Good news for domestic partners — If you are in a domestic partnership, you may have more options for enrolling your family members in health and welfare coverage next year.
- Changes for Health Net Blue & Gold — The plan has a new name, UC Blue & Gold HMO. Health Net will continue to offer medical benefits for Blue & Gold, and will begin providing behavioral health benefits, as well, through Managed Health Network (MHN), a Health Net company.
- We love our pets! Protect your pets with UC’s new voluntary pet insurance, open for enrollment through Nationwide all year long.
- Boost your tax-free savings — What’s the difference between a Health Savings Account and a Health Flexible Spending Account, and which one should you choose? Your Open Enrollment booklet and website will help you decide.
Oakland UCOP employees: Flu shots at Kaiser Center on Monday, Oct. 22
There won’t be a benefits fair in Oakland this year, but you can still get your free flu shot! Flu shots will be provided by Kaiser Permanente, but they’re available to all UCOP employees, not just Kaiser members.
- Date: Oct. 22, 2018
- Time: 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Location: 300 Lakeside Drive, 7th floor, Conference Room 712, Oakland