New and improved decision memo process
Please take note of an important new process regarding submitting decision memos to President Napolitano’s office.
Who does this apply to?
Divisional chiefs of staff and employees who serve as their proxies.
What is the requirement?
A decision memo (DM) must be prepared for President Napolitano prior to approval of ongoing OP operations (non-project-based) contracts:
- Of any amount coming from strategic priorities funds
- Coming out of existing division funds if funding exceeds $300,000
DMs may only be submitted by divisional chiefs of staff and their designated proxies. This new process will improve service by:
- Facilitating fully electronic submittal of DMs through SharePoint
- Assigning tracking numbers for each submittal
- Providing a more flexible and user-friendly template for ease of use
- Increasing transparency in the DM process, resulting in more informed decision making and an improved timeline
What other updates should I look for?
This is phase one of a larger improvement initiative that, in the coming months, will also streamline:
- Submittal and processing of correspondence requiring the president’s signature
- Information memos and reports to the president
How can I learn more?
Download a document with answers to frequently asked questions.Tags: decision memo, policy, president's office